American National is looking to hire a Senior Storage Administrator. The Storage Administrator Team is responsible for storage infrastructure technologies on our mainframe, midrange and distributed systems computing platforms. This particular position is for the administration of the distributed systems infrastructure.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Responsible for analyzing storage performance, tuning backup/recovery processes, supporting software development requirements and performing disaster recovery activities.
- Troubleshoot and problem resolution involving operating systems, storage components and corollary technologies.
- Resolve highly complex storage problems that could affect utilization, performance or availability and ensure that they are resolved quickly, accurately and comprehensively
- Assist Applications Development team with determining root cause of storage utilization issues.
- Use system tools to monitor and resolve performance problems. This may include capacity/utilization issues or contention issues which could drive up latency/response times.
- Participates in 24 /7 rotating on-call support.
Education and Technical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience directly related to storage administration activities.
- Advanced knowledge in storage technologies such as IBM Storwize, IBM XIV, and IBM DS8886. Knowledge with CommVault is preferred. Familiarity with other software such as HSM and DFSHSM is beneficial.
- Expert knowledge of cross-platform technologies and the ability to come to good decisions quickly, even when all facts are not known.
- Must have a thorough understanding of system backup and recovery methods and techniques
- Adept in configuring storage technologies to accomplish a complete data recovery.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced team members.
Preferred Technical Criteria
- Understanding of Windows/Unix/Linux/VMWare and OS/400 (IBM i)