$100K — $150K *
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4,000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
RTI's Center for Clinical Research Network Coordination (CRNC), part of the Biostatistics and Epidemiology Division, is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Senior Statistician/Principal Investigator/Co-Principal Investigator based in Research Triangle Park, NC or Rockville, MD. The Division addresses important public health challenges domestically and globally by leveraging its expertise in epidemiology, biostatistics, genetics and clinical trials. The Center provides biostatistical leadership and support of multicenter clinical studies and research networks, including expertise in statistical design and analysis, randomized clinical trials, management/operations, regulatory affairs and data management/bioinformatics related to Data Coordinating Centers (DCCs). A Senior Statistician/Principal Investigator/Co-Principal Investigator serves as a principal investigator or co-principal investigator on DCCs for multi-center, single and multi-protocol clinical studies, and provides long- range direction on research programs in CRNC and the Division. We require candidates who have a proven track record in successful leadership of multi-center clinical research activities and associated peer reviewed publications.
• Serves as PI or co-PI for coordinating centers of multi-site clinical research projects, including randomized clinical trials.
• Typically serves as a member of the research network steering committee and serves as the primary liaison with the funding agency, the Data and Safety Monitoring Committee and any Network Advisory Boards.
• Provides senior leadership for statistical and scientific aspects of the project, including study design, protocol development, study implementation, quality control, preliminary and final data analysis, and presentation of study results.
• Guides and assists program management staff in the operational aspects of the coordinating center, including data management and potentially clinical center subawards.
• Maintains effective liaison with funding officials, collaborators from universities and other organizations, central laboratories, clinical centers, and other specialized core facilities such as specimen storage or imaging.
• Functions as the most senior point of escalation within the coordinating center team.
• Oversees fiscal aspects of the DCC; ensuring an adequate and appropriate staff mix for all project activities
• Leads business and proposal development activities for grant, cooperative agreement and contract opportunities.
• Leads development of manuscripts for refereed journals.
• Presents research findings at scientific conferences.
• Monitors overall process and quality of studies and/or activities.
• Monitors study resources and budgets.
• Serves in a leadership role in strategic planning, business development, and staff mentoring.
• A doctorate in statistics, biostatistics, or related field and at least 8-10 years’ experience working in multicenter clinical research, preferably including randomized trials.
• Proven track record in successfully leading or co-leading large complex public health research projects, including multicenter coordinating centers.
• Experience in obtaining funding and leading National Institutes of Health funded research projects is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrable track record of leadership in developing and sustaining a climate that fosters growth in research funding, staff capabilities, and scientific excellence and reputation.
• Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams including senior, mid-level and junior researchers, statisticians, programmers and research coordinators/project managers
• A record of scientific stature in presentation and publication of study results in peer-reviewed journals and other venues.
• Experience in developing business and working with clients that fund research in public health, including federal agencies, private foundations, and/or the commercial sector.
• Excellent skills in communication, negotiation, compromise, and building consensus within and between groups.
• To qualify, applicants much be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Valid through: 7/1/2021
$110K — $130K *
2 days ago