The Senior Statistician will support the oncology area with a focus on: solid tumors or hematologic malignancies; cancer interception with the goal of developing products that interrupt the carcinogenic process; biomarkers that may help guide targeted, individualized use of our therapies; as well as safe and effective identification and treatment of early changes in the tumor microenvironment.
- Provide statistical input into the clinical development of drugs for treatment of cancer.
- Work with the clinical team in designing clinical studies, leading/authoring the statistical analysis plan, conducting the statistical analysis, and providing statistical input to the clinical study report.
- Provide input in the preparation of scientific presentations and manuscripts.
- Participate in process improvement, training, standards development and enhancing statistical technical expertise.
- Liaise with other statisticians within the organization, building working relationships with therapeutic area leaders, internal SAS programmers, clinical trial managers, and personnel from regulatory affairs, medical writing, and other disciplines as needed.
A Master's degree in Statistics or related field with at least six (6) years of clinical data analysis experience OR a PhD in Statistics or related field is required.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of statistical software such as SAS and R is required.
- Experience and knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and regulatory requirements for clinical drug development, including the conduct of clinical trials is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills are required.
- Excellent analytical skills are required.
- Experience presenting to technical and lay groups at public meetings is preferred.
- Experience working in the area of Oncology is a plus.
- This position is located in La Jolla/San Diego, CA and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.