The Senior Statistical Analyst leads data management and analysis team involved in querying, extracting, managing and analyzing multiple, complex datasets ensuring data integrity, quality, and timeliness of results. This role oversees the deployment of reporting and analytical solutions. This position serves on related committees and task forces.
- Manages and plans for data/analysis requests and projects.
- Provides consultation to customers on appropriate data management, methodological issues and statistical analyses.
- Designs and prepares documentation for data management and/or data analyses.
- Writes reports for presentation and publication.
- Presents results at internal/external meetings.
- Manages research and analysis using several databases and/or data tables.
- Determines and coordinates the completion of statistical analyses using appropriate applications.
- Applies advanced statistical analysis methods to a variety of patient-reported data sources.
- Identifies and work with data stewards to resolve data conflicts
- Writes descriptions of analysis plans, methods, results for grant applications, and FDA/Pharma projects.
- Provides work direction and/or supervises staff such as team members, subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Recommends staff hires/terminations.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Manages projects ensuring timelines and deliverables are met and meet expectations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 6 years data analysis/report writing or similar experience required.
- Please see information highlighted below:
- Programming Languages and Frameworks: SAS
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Thorough knowledge of SAS (or similar statistical software such as R, Mplus, Stata) for data management and statistical analysis.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- MS in Statistics or equivalent
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods such as longitudinal data modeling, techniques for missing data handling, survival analysis, or item response theory.