Provide leadership and strong technical support within the Stamping business unit to optimize factory costs, quality, and customer service through the conception, development, and implementation of new or improved manufacturing processes, equipment, tooling, material flow, plant layout, or product design.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop processes, procedures and supporting documentation to enhance cost, quality and customer service while ensuring safety and compliance with government regulations.
- Major drivers include productivity, material utilization, value engineering, lead time management, schedule attainment, and improved throughput.
- Develop training initiatives to support manufacturing.
- Plan, specify, and justify strategic capital investments.
- Investigate, purchase, and implement tooling and equipment to support daily operations and future strategic initiatives.
- Manage the completion of projects within accepted schedule and budget.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Recognize and propose design changes to improve manufacturability.
- Support and participate in value engineering initiatives.
- Identify and implement improvements to material utilization, plant layouts and machinery efficiency.
- Make recommendations using summarized data to influence key management decisions relating to budgeting, staffing, and capacity planning.
- Lead and support safety, 5S, and Lean initiatives.
- Lead and facilitate kaizen events.
- May supervise support staff.
- Mentor and provide facilitation assistance on relevant projects.
- Manage projects involving individuals from various departments to ensure integration between manufacturing, sales, finance marketing and product engineering.
- Apply and communicate Lean principles to optimize quality, productivity, on-time delivery, and operational efficiencies resulting in improved customer satisfaction.
- Expected to complete internal Lean Champion certification.
Business Unit Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive parts cost reduction, machine uptime improvement, and enhanced inventory strategies
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Minimum 5 -10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Strong project management skills required
- Basic SAP Skills
- Strong understanding of Lean concepts
- Possess advanced experience in plant layout
- Intermediate AutoCAD skills required
- Emphasis on coil-fed stamping presses for metal blanking and forming
- Knowledge of LinkNet control systems preferred
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.