We are looking for a motivated Senior Staff Web Developer to join our growing Marketing team at Databricks. You will help us with the efficiency, scalability, and performance of all Databricks web properties. They will also mentor other software developers in specific technologies, languages, and frameworks.
You will report to the Director Web Marketing and partner with multiple teams to deliver web content, web functionality, and infrastructural changes on all external-facing Databricks websites.
You have extended full-stack development experience and you know how to work using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum. We want your passion and expertise to be a part of Databrick's ongoing success.
The impact you will have:
- Deliver and maintain responsive content and advanced functionality across all Databricks web properties
- Guide continuous integration and deployment/ manage change with Git & GitHub.
- Keep our CMS current by developing and updating system templates and content types, themes, and plug-ins
- Increase web scalability, user engagement, and traffic by determining and implementing the best web development options
- Share best practices and new technologies with the dev team.
- Plan for POCs (proof of concept projects)
- Ship features fast and control/reduce the technical debt
- Ensure code review healthiness and apply efficient QA
- Drive workflow efficiencies, reduce or eliminate delays and accomplish clear requirements together with web project and product managers
- Create an outstanding User Experience on both desktop and mobile by consulting with collaborators in Design, Information Architecture, User Interface and Search Engine Optimization for all web properties.
What we look for:
- 8+ years in a front-end development role, include portfolio or samples of past work and projects
- Understanding of the entire web development process, with an emphasis on front-end development
- Experience: Gutenberg, Gulp, Sass, Webpack, ACF (advanced custom fields), Composer, WP Engine, Pantheon, or Kinsta
- Experience with multiple content management systems especially WordPress on how to configure and administer
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Experience with multi-language sites
- Communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Gather requirements, document, and confirm observations with business owners.
- Understand how to translate our processes into technical solution
- Create complex UI wireframe diagrams
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance