Projects will span across an array of crucial programs aimed at ensuring our site traffic is handled efficiently and effectively and improving the resilience of our online services. The team is looking for a person with technical knowledge, who can understand infrastructure architecture and help teams deliver predictable, consistent program execution.
- Develop a portfolio view of Cloud Infrastructure programs and ensure leaders have sufficient visibility into execution status, issues, and decisions
- Go deep in areas at risk, or in need of more hands-on program/project management
- Manage effective communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management.
- Manage CDN vendor relationships to ensure the needs of airbnb are being met
- Responsible for identifying technical dependencies, and aligning with stakeholders on how to manage dependencies which could impact the success of the programs.
- Defining and aligning on success criteria. Regularly assess risks and opportunities
- Understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
- Quickly learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Experience and passion for building and maintaining cloud based consumer facing systems
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a track record of taking ownership, leading data driven analyses, and influencing results
- Experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree, 12 years technical project management experience or relevant experience
- Experience with kubernetes