This position is responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
In this role you will:
· Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development m and infrastructure
· Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
· Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
· Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
· Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Businesses & Product Managers
· Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
· Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
· Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
· Leads the architecture and design efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in architecting custom solutions off the base product.
· Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary – as a value offering.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master's degree with 8 years of experience OR PhD with 5 years of experience.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. ServiceMax may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
· Must be willing to travel
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Pleasanton
· Facilitates and coaches software engineering team sessions on requirements estimation and alternative approaches to team sizing and estimation. Leads a community of practice around estimation to share best practices among teams
· Knowledgeable about developments in UX in various contexts, businesses, and industries. Quantifies effectiveness of design choices by gathering data. Drives accountability and adoption. Publishes guidance and documentation to promote adoption of design. Proposes design solutions based on research and synthesis; creates general design principles that capture the vision and critical concerns for a program.
· Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams. Demonstrates advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (e.g., Black belt certified). Guides new teams to adopt Agile, troubleshoots adoption efforts, and guide continuous improvement. Provides training on Lean / Agile. Drives elimination of inefficiencies in coding process. Teaches XP practices to others. Actively embraces new methods and practices that increase efficiency and effectiveness.
· Strong knowledge and hands-on experience of Mobile development, preferably using React Native.
· Hands-on experience with Cloud/SaaS Multi-tenant Applications using Java, Angular or ReactJs.
· Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles.
· Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc) and its integration with application.
· Mobile Experience is strongly desired.