As a key member of the Equinix Product Engineering team you will be involved in the development life cycle from design, implementation, testing and support with a focus on delivering products and services adhering to business objectives, technical requirements and engineering standards.
- As a key member of the Equinix Product Engineering team you will be involved in all the software development life cycle phases with a focus on delivering solutions to meet business objectives and engineering standards.
- Hands-on Design, Development, Testing & Support of Software Products and Solutions
- Advocate and Follow best design and development practices adhering to software engineering standards.
- Participate in Design & Peer Code Review process
- Assist in analysis & evaluation of new framework and technologies to meet product needs and engineering objectives
- Work in a Globally Distributed Development team environment with minimal supervision.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree or equivalent with 10+ years of experience in the field of Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field of education.
- 8+ years of strong Java development experience around concurrency and data structures.
- Minimum 6+ years of strong hands-on with Java based frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, Play, Apache libraries etc.
- Hands-on experience in designing and building APIs and micro-services
- 2+ years of experience with NoSql technologies like Cassandra, Solr etc.
- Highly desired to have 2+ years of experience with messaging / event-driven frameworks like Storm, Spark streaming, RabbitMQ etc.
- Strong computer programming foundation with knowledge in Data Structures, Concurrency, Algorithms and Design Patterns.
- Working Knowledge on Reactive/Functional Programming is highly desirable.
- Understanding of Data center domain with networking knowledge is a huge plus.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.