Job Title Senior Staff Software Engineer
Country United States
Posting Location Auburn Hills, MI
Job Description Continental Engineering Services (CES) is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to perform basic software and algorithm activities for various invehicle automotive electronics from the Continental portfolio.
• Develop, maintain and communicate software/system development content and timing.
• Provide support to application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective action plans.
• Responsible for the software modules/subsystems products developed by CES.
• Participate in technical discussions (prepare / present responses) with customers.
• The ideal candidate is disciplined, and can foster a team environment
• Contact between two more departments to facilitate and ensure appropriate exchange of knowledge
• Ensure all aspects of production processes for software and calibration programming are properly verified and validated.
• Responsible for development of new products, and changes to existing products
• Assistance with other tasks as needed and determined by Management.
• Occasionally provide technical leadership and mentor personnel within the department.
• Firefight and support project teams (i.e. knowledge of structured problem solving / debugging and decision making)
• Oversee the SW development aspect of projects from a technical point of view
• Participate in quotes
• Software system design
• Requirements review and translation to SW
• Understands low level topics at the microcontroller registers and drivers
• Leads technical discussions with customers
• Good communication skills with CES team, internal & external customers
• Knowledge through extensive directly related experience
• Creates value through the ability to integrate knowledge from different areas of specialized knowledge
Job Requirements Required Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering discipline
• At least 7+ years of engineering experience within software and system development for in-vehicle electronics
• Minimum of 2+ years of experience working with automotive electronic and/or Electromechanical Products
• Experienced working with 8 – 32 bit microcontrollers
• Masters degree in an engineering discipline
• 10+ years experience of automotive software development
• Experience with embedded software architecture