General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
With limited direction, this position independently determines approaches/solutions for the design, development and/or modification of specific programs or projects for enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management software applications. Formulates near-term plans of application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards on specific programs or projects. Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; responsible for documentation, testing, maintenance, and software updates. Communicates with domain experts, outside customers, users, and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user, system level, and data management applications,
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Assist in planning and coordinating the maintenance of enterprise solutions including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Plan for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Provide direction to less experienced developers.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and with management as well as with the wider community through the publishing and presentation of technical papers. May assist in the development of additional sources of revenue.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Other duties assigned as required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- ypically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, seven or more years of experience with a masters degree, or four or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a detailed and extensive expertise of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate extensive expertise and application of programming and analysis concepts. Must possess the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment. Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments, customers, government representatives, and/or professionals; the capability of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and the ability to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals. Must be customer focused, able to work on a self-initiated basis or in a team environment and, able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- U.S. citizenship required.