Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobilenetworkoperators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferredmobilesecurity solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
- You will be building the next generation of distributed security services driving Lookout product offerings
- Developing scalable, robust and maintainable service using Java, Scala, Ruby or JRuby
- Contributing significantly to the development of our backend services, including designing, estimating, and delivering high quality solutions that can scale to hundreds of millions of users
- Maintaining existing services and fix bugs as required
- Conducting code reviews for other team members and participating in design reviews
- Implementation and the release of new functionality into production
- Be part of the Level 2on-call rotation
- Lead by example, demonstrating software craftsmanship and best practices.
Languages & Tools/Technology Stacks
- 6+ years of overall development experience
- 4+ years of experience with large scale, enterprise level Java development or large-scale data system development
- 4+ years of experience with any of these key large-scale analytics technology stacks: Apache Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, Neo4j, Titan, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and Hadoop
- 4+ years of experience with AWS development and associated services/technologies for large scale computation and data analytics projects is highly desirable
- Experience with Scala, JRuby/Ruby is highly desirable
Systems & Design
- 6+ years of experience in designing/implementing large scale production class software with a focus on sustaining and transforming large code bases as well as migrating them to different technology stacks
- 4+ years of experience with a focus on solving large scale/distributed computational problems
- 4+ years of experience with OOD for large scale systems and frameworks with the ability to develop APIs that abstract complex technical functions for generalized application developers
- 6+ years of experience with rapid innovation based on Agile development methodologies and DevOps models
- 2+ years of experience with designing/implementing real-time/streaming analytics and/or big data systems
- Experience with mobile platforms (e.g. iOS and Android) is highly desirable.