Provide scientific and technical leadership in the area of material science and processing. Identify and lead assessment and development of new material technologies.
- Identify and assess new technology opportunities in orthopaedic applications.
- Identify basic research opportunities on materials to support product research and development efforts.
- Support technology development and testing and product development & commercialization.
- Identify, scout, and develop materials and processes designed to improve and broaden the business’ product line.
- Keep abreast of the latest research and pertinent technical literature. Provide detailed literature reviews of polymers.
- Work with internal partners, AT, R&D, marketing and business/commercial leaders, as well as peers and R&D leadership to capture competitive advantage and economic results through innovation.
- Provide technical support for existing manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical support for regulatory filing, product improvement and development, and existing manufacturing processes.
PhD in Materials Science, Material Chemistry.
- 7+ years’ experience in Medical Device Industry, or material processing and manufacturing fields required.
- Working knowledge and experience in physical, mechanical, and analytical testing of materials and material chemistry, structural analysis, physics and/or processing required.
- Working knowledge and experience in failure mode analysis of products desirable.
- Working knowledge and experience in biocompatibility assessment and sterilization desirable.
- Knowledge of relevant US and internal standards desired.
- Demonstrated experience in new technology evaluation and development.
- Demonstrated ability in developing innovative analytical, testing and/or processing solutions in the research arena.
- Experience working as part of a team in conducting complex research and/or product development initiatives from concept through final recommendation.
- Demonstrated strong project management experiencerequired.
Work From Home: NoTravel Percentage: None