Join the growing Encore Semi Front-End Development team to collaborate with customers to verify new processor and processor-based subsystems for next generation vector and vision processing. You would build on a background of processor and memory subsystem experience to create efficient and stressful system level tests to flush out bugs in new designs.
As a member of a processor focused development team, you would create C/C++ test content directed at the interactions between different processors and a fabric connected memory subsystem. You would be responsible for stressing arbitration and other characteristics of the interactions between vector and host processors and the memory subsystem. The goal would be to accelerate the verification execution of the team and jump into understanding the overall system, creating C/C++ test content and debug of failures and determining the testing is covering the most critical functional boundaries.
• Strong experience creating stressful verification content written in C/C++.
• Strong understanding of processor and processor memory subsystem microarchitectures and the ability to translate the specifications into verification plans and test content.
• Experience with the boundary conditions of complex SRAM-based memory systems such as arbitration mechanisms and creating efficient tests to stress different boundaries based on the overall design.
• Experience debugging failures in an RTL-based simulation environment for both the processor and memory subsystems.
• Experience with Functional (Design) Verification at the SOC or “full-chip” level using simulation models. Experience includes creating Verification Plans based on the Microarchitecture Specifications and an understanding of the RTL itself.
• Bachelor's, Electrical Engineering
• Verification of vector processors and / or ARM-based “host” processors is strongly desired.
• Knowledge of algorithms for vision and vector processing would be helpful as well as experience with a variety of memory subsystem configurations.
• Master's, Electrical Engineering