The Mechanical Design group is seeking a Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer to join our team. As a member of the MD team you will be a driving force of innovation and helping build the future of electric vehicle charging.
The Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer will play a direct role in the design and execution of ChargePoint’s products. We are seeking a confident and personable engineer who has exceptional manufacturing experience, including design for manufacturing, design for cost and assembly, production tooling development with a proven track record of delivering world-class products in cross-functional teams.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
As a Staff Mechanical Engineer, your responsibilities will focus on the manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and design for quality of current production and new products:
- Executing designs from architecture to mass production
- Interfacing directly with local and international suppliers to efficiently execute designs into mass production
- Identifying design opportunities for quality, cost, assembly, and manufacturing
- Production tooling development and monitoring into production.
- Root cause and failure analysis on current products
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience in a Mechanical Engineering role
- Multiple examples of leading projects into production.
- Strong working knowledge of injection molding, CNC machining, sheet metal, aluminum die casting and extrusion, cosmetic part finishing, busbars, custom magnetics and capacitors, and mass production processes
- A self-starter who is comfortable driving multiple parts and aspects of the product design process simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication with peers and executives
- Ability to learn quickly and operate outside of your comfort zone
- Proficient in CAD (NX highly preferred, others accepted)
- Ability to review and optimize 2D drawings, including understanding tolerances of various manufacturing methods and GD&T.
The ideal candidate would also have design experience in the following areas:
- High power system and interconnect design (up to 1kV & up to 500A)
- Ruggedized outdoor electro-mechanical products (IP protection)
- Cooling system and thermal solution design (both air and liquid)
- Material selection for functional and regulatory requirements
- Experience with FEA and ability to perform stress/strain analysis