Job Title Senior Staff Materials Engineer
Country United States
Posting Location Deer Park, IL
Job Description Overview
Continental’s pressure sensor team is looking for a creative and dynamic senior staff materials engineer to join their global development team. This position will drive materials solutions across the entire absolute, differential, high and medium pressure sensor portfolio. This position will drive key material roadmaps and provide leadership regarding selection, characterization and high volume process optimization. This position will interface globally with key R&D and production team members to drive development and industrialization.
*? Performs tasks that are broad in scope, depth, and complexity related to the selection, qualification, and implementation of common electronic assembly materials used in manufacturing and promotes cross BU / Plant standardization strategies.
*? Has a demonstrated level of expertise in materials & process engineering.
*? Generate and negotiate material specifications with the suppliers and assist mechanical engineers in product specifications.
*? Scouting new materials/processes for the future programs.
*? Contributes to the creation of new materials, processes, and solutions, identifies problems and determines alternate solutions.
*? Capable of managing and meeting project deadlines.
*? Expanded influence beyond immediate project or team.
*? Addresses problems and answers questions pertaining to more than one technical area.
*? Demonstrates team leadership.
*? Operates with minimal direction.
*? Drives / Guides materials & process selection, qualification, and implementation decisions.
*? Generates new ideas.
*? Responsible for solving urgent and complex materials and process problems and evaluating alternatives.
*? Translates BU and Plant requirements into materials and process solutions and technical specifications.
*? Technical interaction with the BU’s, Plants, CEPMT, customers, material suppliers, and 3rd party testing facilities.
*? Defines and implements best practices.
*? Advice and technical opinion solicited by program, customer, and/or member of own or other departments.
*? Completes project goals and monitors status within the framework of overall program goals.
*? Evaluates high payoff opportunities within technical specialty.
Job Requirements Basic Qualifications
- Minimum BS. in materials science, materials engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years in design or manufacturing with strong hands-on skills
- A strong theoretical and experimental background in material science.
- Experience with plastic manufacturing and processing techniques.
- Experience in the application of DOE in a manufacturing or research environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment
No visa sponsorship available for this opening
- Experience in printed circuit board (PCB) or semiconductor industries is a positive.
- Statistical process controls in a manufacturing or research environment.
- Automotive experience
- Advanced degree such MS, PhD.
- Failure analysis techniques