Join the growing Encore Semi Front-End Development team to collaborate with customers to design, verify and enable system level development for current and next generation ARM-based SOCs. You would join a team delivering on many facets of the logic design of these SOCs including RTL / Microarchitecture Development, Extending Verification using Functional Coverage, Enabling Emulation Environments for intense Verification and to enable FW development and Enabling FPGA Prototyping of the design.
As a member of an ARM-based SOC development team, set the direction for how to use enable Hardware Emulation for both Functional Verification and early Firmware Development. You will be responsible for recommending the appropriate Emulation platform for the project and then defining and implementing the build flow based on existing RTL models, the verification environment derived from the simulation models and how to effectively use this platform.
• Experience with Hardware Emulation systems such as Veloce and/or Palladium.
• Experience enabling the building RTL models primarily used for simulation for Hardware Emulation. This includes experience with the build tools associated with the Emulation Platforms as well as the changes required to the RTL modeling itself to efficiently leverage the platforms resources and enable the best emulation speed.
• Experience enabling Verification Test Environments for Hardware Emulators. The starting point would be UVM-based simulation test environments but includes creating appropriate bus functional models and transactors to enable verification to move from simulation to emulation.
• Experience incorporating and translating 3rd party IPs (RTL and Verification Environment) into SOCs modeled on Hardware Emulators.
• Familiarity with how Hardware Emulation can accelerate Verification including the achievement of coverage goals and can enable early Firmware Development.
• Design Verification experience of full-chip SOCs either using Simulation or Hardware Emulation.
• Firmware Development experience for SOCs during the “pre-silicon” phase using either Hardware Emulation or FPGA Prototyping platforms.
• Experience automating Hardware Emulation build flows to build new models quickly as the design changes during development.
• Required: Bachelor's, Electrical Engineering
• Preferred: Master's, Electrical Engineering