Physical Optics Corporation (POC), proud to be designated as an "essential business," remains open and continues to grow rapidly. Our talented and dedicated workforce provides essential services to support the federal government and U.S. military. POC is focused on creating highly innovative, next generation systems, such as flight data recorders, advanced data transfer systems, and mission computer systems for military aircraft. POC is headquartered in Torrance, CA. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
POC's Applied Technologies Division has an immediate opening for a Sr. Staff Firmware Engineer. In this role, the Sr. Staff Firmware Engineer will develop, create, and modify avionics related applications software and/or driver development. S/he will create processes and procedures to implement functional strategies. The ideal candidate has expertise in a broad set of engineering disciplines and can apply his/her expertise to and troubleshoot challenges and improve effectiveness in the areas of firmware development.
This position may be hired as a Sr. Staff Firmware Engineer or as a Team Leader, Firmware Engineering based on skills and qualifications.
- Writes software and firmware source code in C/C++, Embedded C, and other languages
- Utilizes version control, simulation, debugging, and other development tools
- Analyze user needs and develop firmware, software and system level requirements
- Perform Firmware/software and systems tests with quality
- Collaborates cross functionally with other engineering disciplines
- Participate in the creation of software documentation for government CDRLs, from requirements to design and test
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Proven experience in architecting firmware solutions on FPGA and SoC's with good understanding of underlying hardware circuitry
- Familiarity with both Xilinx and Altera /Intel SoCs (and tools such as Vivado, Quartus and others)
- Key abilities include integration and timing closure of firmware solution that integrates third party IP cores into POC firmware and modifications as necessary
- Experience with firmware implementation of standard and non-standard military interfaces
- Good problem-solving mindset, ability to multitask, and to work with a diverse workforce
- Experience in implementation and certification of safety-critical functionalities in firmware is a plus.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Performance driven, employee centric culture
- Best in class managers who provide mentorship, engagement, and support
- Ongoing career development that promotes continued education and learning