Terracon is currently seeking a Senior Staff Environmental Engineer for our office in Greenville, SC. The candidate will provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of environmental projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading environmental site investigations, engineering analysis, calculations and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Design systems and environmental protection plans. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Services may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, tank closure assessments, storm water management, and site planning and permitting.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Mid-level, experienced environmental engineering professional responsible for managing and executing site testing and making recommendations for systems design on medium projects. Projects may involve a variety of complex features.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Evaluates moderately complex to complex laboratory and field data and assembles in written reports
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Works closely with senior-level project manager and Professional Engineer of Record to gain project management and engineeringexperience.
- Prepares proposals and reports and outlines investigations for approval by senior level professionals.
- Serves as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members.
- May supervise field staff including field engineers, environmental scientists and technicians.
- Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or related degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Master’s degree in Engineeringpreferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or EngineeringIntern (EI) required and ability to obtain a registration as a Professional Engineer (PE).
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration