Who we want
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing medical devices that help change patients’ lives.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to design medical devices .
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do
As a Senior Staff Engineer, you will be working in new product development focusing on our knee portfolio, one of the most predominant areas within the organization! This role will require a Technical Candidate who will do design work (CAD), review others design work to make sure it’s meeting the expectations and design specifications. You will be collaborate with Manufacturing, Quality, and Surgeon Customers to accomplish projects and to gather feedback. This position will also be responsible for mentoring less experienced staff. Working independently as well as in a team is key. Also having the ability to work well with different personality types and to navigate and build rapport with multiple personalities is essential. The ideal candidate will have product design experience, manufacturing experience, experience within a regulated industry, experience mentoring others, and experience interacting with external customers.
What you need
• Bachelors Degree from an Accredited University
• 7 + years of product design experience
• 2+years’ experience in design controls and risk management within a regulated industry
• Knowledge of Manufacturing Process or previous Manufacturing Engineering experience/Testing background is a plus
Other things to consider
• Our knee implants and instrumentation portfolio is one of the most predominant areas within the organization!
• Our interview process is lengthy and more thorough than you think it will be. But don’t be nervous. This process helps us make sure we find you the best seat on the bus.
• Family matters to us, and we want you to have a life outside of here. We pride ourselves on giving our employees a flexible work environment.
Work From Home: NoTravel Percentage: Up to 25%