Senior Staff Engineer, Product Software Go Python SDN
Equinix is the leading global interconnection platform, accelerating business performance by connecting companies to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. More than 4,500 customers trust us to provide a place where they can run their mission-critical applications and grow their businesses.
Our dream is to interconnect the world – and create a historically significant company in the process. Today we are a $3.6 billion company with over 7000 employees worldwide, and we're growing – in fact, in 2013, Forbes named Equinix as the #15 Fastest Growing Technology Company in America. Our leadership team is top-notch, our employees are dedicated and committed to customers and each other, and our size is just right for people who truly want to make a difference every day.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. They share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything they do.
- Design, prototype, and develop new UI web application features based on requirements. Represent information coming from different sources (APIs) in different formats and render UI components
- Design and implement backend microservices
- Ensure code is well tested through unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with product managers, software architects, QA engineers and DevOps engineers to ensure that the software components have been built to meet the product functional and non-functional requirements
- Participate in Design & Peer Code Review process.
- Fix software bugs and engage in troubleshooting. Support software products and solutions.
- Work in a Globally Distributed Development team environment with minimal supervision
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Good understanding of version control workflow such as Git
- Strong programming foundation with knowledge in Data Structures, Algorithms and Design Patterns
- experience with Agile-scrum methodology and Test-driven development
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and work well independently, multi-task, and follow through on assignments to completion
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
Front-End specific qualifications
- 5+ years of experience developing intuitive, responsive UI/Front-end for web applications
- 5+ years of experience building applications using React and Redux or a similar frontend framework
- Deep understanding of the web technology stack (HTTP, cookies, asset loading/caching, REST)
- A good understanding of front-end architectures, data-driven and cross-browser development, and experience using REST APIs
Back-End specific qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in Python development
- Hands-on experience in designing micro-services & SOA based applications
- Hands-on experience with Async architecture (e.g., Celery or Redis Queue)
- Experience with NoSQL (e.g., Cassandra) and SQL (e.g., Postgres) databases
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, CLI
- Expertise in using testing technologies including Selenium, Karma, Mocha, Jest and Chrome development tool
- Familiar with Flask framework that leverages REST API extensions like Restful and SQLAlchemy
- Hands-on experience with D3.js, Highchart.js, underscore.js, Sass, Less, Webpack and Grunt
- Experience with WebSocket or Socket.io
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Networking is a plus
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.