This is more than a job posting for Kohler Company, one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and apply your craft in a creative conscious and characterful culture.
The Senior Staff Engineer, Manufacturing works as a team lead for the manufacturing and process engineering team in the Huntsville, AL manufacturing facility. The team is tasked to improve the plant processes, equipment, systems, and software to keep our manufacturing facility as current and efficient as possible to maintain our competitive position in the market.
- Maintain goals for the department and work with the team to develop and implement the specific improvement plans to help meet objectives.
- Provide technical support to maintenance and production teams related to troubleshooting of process, equipment, or product issues.
- Provide engineering support and project management relative to new product and process implementation.
- Research and evaluate new and existing processes, operations, and support systems for adaptation and/or improvements needed to manufacture Kohler and Sterling products to meet all objectives and improve the overall customer experience. Mechanical/electrical design proficiency necessary to help evaluate and manage the improvement projects.
- Initiate, develop and implement continuous improvement projects in support of plant manufacturing initiatives, objectives, and improvements needed.
- Conduct feasibility studies to assure that implementation of improvements would meet objectives with respect to safety, quality, market demands, competitive costs, and general financial criteria.
- Maintain and improve as needed process specifications, operating procedures, etc. to help meet and exceed safety, quality, cost, production, and other department objectives. Also, work with maintenance team to optimize PM schedule, spare parts strategy, etc.
- Manage plant capital expenditure plan and timing in regard to projects managed by manufacturing and process engineering team.
- Participate and manage as needed cost reduction initiatives through Kaizen events, six sigma project support, engineering project leadership and support.
- Continually lead and teach best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program is required
- 8+ years manufacturing engineering experience
- Proficiency in CAD
- Mechanical/electrical design proficiency
- Past results include successful technical leadership on a major project
- Experience includes mentoring and/or supervising other engineers
- Experience with SMC, compression molding a plus
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.