In our ever-connected world, the digital space is overwhelmed with identities of users, devices, and things. ForgeRock Identity Management allows our customers to manage the complete lifecycle of these identities. Device registration, provisioning, synchronization, reconciliation, and data management form a set of identity management solutions that create value for our customers.
The Senior Staff Engineer role at ForgeRock is responsible for designing and implementing new features for Identity Management components of the ForgeRock Identity Platform. A successful candidate will work with product management to understand customer need, analyze complex requirements, and work with the developers and architects across products to develop an implementation. Qualified candidates will have 8+ years Java software development experience.
- Lead, design and develop large scale, robust, and cutting-edge Java based identity management products
- Work closely with product management and architects to improve the products and develop new features
- Lead key areas of product development
- Provide mentoring and coaching to engineering team
- Managing tasks independently and efficiently to timescales/ plans
- Collaborate closely with support and sustaining teams to investigate and fix bugs/ customer issues
- 8+ years of experience designing and developing large scale Java applications
- Expert grounding in modern software engineering practices and design patterns
- Familiarity with RESTful web services
- Highly experienced in the design and implementation of modern web applications
- Fluency in debugging an entire product stack
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Possess the desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- Good understanding of and experience in Agile methodologies within a fast paced software development environment
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Excellent communicator, especially with distributed global teams
- Degree level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or related subject
Additional but not essential:
- Expertise with Identity and Access Management
- Knowledge/experience with modular frameworks, specifically OSGi.