Job Title Senior Staff Electrical Engineer
Country United States
Posting Location Troy, MI
Job Description Joint Venture Overview:
This position shall form part of the planned Joint Venture between Osram and Continental which, subject to clearance by the relevant antitrust authorities, is supposed to be a standalone company with equal shares from both partners operating with a global set-up.
Both companies are planning a strategic cooperation in order to combine the strengths of both companies: Continental’s competence in the area of innovative lighting control electronics and Osram’s extraordinary know-how in lighting solutions.
Subject to clearance by the relevant antitrust authorities, on Day 1 of the planned joint venture “Osram Continental GmbH” strives to have about 1,500 employees in 17 locations and 9 countries worldwide with its headquarter in the greater Munich area.
Day 1 and start of operations including employee transfer into the JV would be after successful conclusion of negotiations and subject to clearance by the relevant antitrust authorities.
Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates components and processes used in the generation, manipulation, transmission and storage of electricity. Determines design approaches and parameters. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Plan and lead product validation activities (i.e. environmental, electrical/EMC, bench level).
• Analyze complex data (parametric, thermal, etc) and develop action plans.
• Professionally interface with suppliers and customers, understand technologies and roadmaps.
• Actively participate on global projects and interface with global engineering community.
• Support factory product introductions, launch and ramp up, MOL (Maintenance of Line).
• Evaluates and communicates complex technical issues (i.e. generates lessons learned, best practice, etc).
• Lead and execute project tasks and related deliverables on time while recognizing project budget impact.
• Effectively communicate with all project team members and other functional areas, including management and manufacturing.
• Collaborate on PCB design for functional area.
• Lead coordination of tasks among project team members.
• Drives resolution of significant technical problems and questions.
• Leads quote, development and / or failure analysis functions.
• Shares knowledge and expertise internally through technical reports and papers; presents internally outside of own team.
• Delivers or assists in delivery of customer presentations/demos for products.
• Mentor entry level engineers (technical, professional, communication, etc).
• Generate documents for manufacturing (Bill of Material (BOM), test plans and specifications, Engineering Change Notices (ECN), etc.).
• Approves releases of related documentation to the Continental documentation system.
• Review of DFMEA documentation.
• Create interface documents (Hardware/Software interface specifications).
• Produces engineering documentation to include illustration of documents and communicates engineering procedures through prepared charts, graphs and diagrams.
• Create technical addendums for quote activities.
• Design and development of discrete circuits and sub systems supporting Vehicle Lighting Applications.
• Create electronic schematics with consideration of BOM cost targets.
• Conduct, review and/or approve worst case circuit analysis.
Job Requirements Required Qualifications:
• Minimum 5+ years relevant experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• 7+ years of Automotive Engineering experience.
• Master's degree in technical field.