Join the growing Encore Semi Verification team to collaborate on the verification of CPUs and CPU subsystems based on innovative new core architectures. You will build on a background of CPU microarchitecture and coverage driven verification experiences to create efficient and stressful tests to flush out bugs in new designs. You will contribute to the development of infrastructure for debug and coverage to enable faster debug of failures and achievement of coverage goals.
As a member of a CPU Core development team, develop verification plans based on microarchitecture specifications and create C or assembly language tests to both stress the design and cover the functional conditions specified in your plan. If you have experience in Functional Verification and debug of CPU and Memory subsystems at the full-chip level, joining the Encore Semi Verification team could be for you.
• Experience with CPU and Memory Subsystem (caches, virtual memory, DMA, memory access optimizations) Microarchitectures.
• Experience creating CPU Core Verification tests in C or Assembly language including knowledge of compilers / linkers to specifically address certain memories and memory types.
• Experience identifying Functional Coverage conditions based on Microarchitecture specifications.
• Ability to create efficient self-checking tests to target specific conditions internal to a CPU or within the CPU Memory Subsystem.
• Debug experience using waveforms and ability to read and understand RTL code.
• BSEE required with 5-10 years of Functional Verification experience.
• Experience with the RISC-V (or similar) ISA and the Chisel Hardware Construction Language.
• Verification Infrastructure development expertise working with simulation models (such as Synopsys VCS) and creating new simulation based debugging environments (based on waveforms or Verdi).
• MSEE required with 3-5 years of Functional Verification experience.