Equinix is the leading global interconnection platform, accelerating business performance by connecting companies to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers.
More than 4,500 of the world’s most demanding customers trust us to provide a place where they can run their mission-critical applications and grow their businesses.
Our dream is to interconnect the world – and create a historically significant company in the process. Today we are a $4 billion company with over 4000 employees worldwide, and we’re growing – in fact, in 2013, Forbes named Equinix as the #15 Fastest Growing Technology Company in America. Our leadership team is top notch, our employees are dedicated and committed to customers and each other, and our size is just right for people who truly want to make a difference every day.
If this sounds like the kind of company you’d like to be part of, it gets better…..
Equinix Software Architecture & Engineering team is on a mission to help build Equinix’s next generation interconnection offering, Equinix Cloud Exchange. We are looking for a technology leader to help shape product’s future and to lead product development teams ensuring a rapid delivery of product features.
Software Architecture/ Design/ DevOps
- Define, implement and evolve end-to-end technologyarchitecture of customer facing systems for Interconnection products
- Accountable for overall architecture of product systems covering scalability, security, availability, performance, resilience and integration to make sure that it meets business objectives
- Work with multiple scrum teams to review requirements, provide impact assessment on architecture, guide on architecture and technology stack evolution, review technical design, test plan & code quality
- Be hands-on to design, develop and test pilots and prototypes for new concepts being tested out
- Work with product management and other market facing teams to understand market needs & vision to come-up with multi-generation technology roadmap
- Be subject matter expert in interconnection products & technologies and evangelize technology, architecture and APIs within Equinix as well as in developer communities of customers and partners
- Evangelizes new technology, predict trends, and identify new opportunities based on trends. Be a thought leader and expert by participating in defining standards and open source initiatives
- Act as technical liaison for customer advisories, co-innovations and technical engagements with industry
- Sets and influences stakeholder expectations related to technology initiatives
- Provide thought leadership, strategy and lead innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing technologies to improve product quality and velocity
- Drives innovation among the teams, recognizes innovation, and helps communicate new ideas across teams
- Defines and evangelizes processes related to technology adoption, approvals, selection across all stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement in standards for software design, development, testing and support
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or equivalent with 7+ years of hands on professional software development experience architecting, building, deploying, and maintaining customer facing applications at scale in an innovative engineering environment
- Expertise in data modeling, relational design using RDBMS and NoSQL such as Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with multiple architecture styles including SOA, API-first and micro-services architectures
- Experience in architecting and building large scale systems using scale-out architecture that require high availability, performance, high scalability and multi-tenancy
- Must have real-world experience with continuous integration and delivery using public cloud such as AWS, Azure or GCP and container technologies such as Docker
- Hands-on experience with Agile-scrum methodology and Test driven development
- Knowledge of advanced networking technologies and services including MPLS, VPLS/VPWS, Ethernet, IP/VPN routing protocols and architectures, IP security/SSL, IP multicast, IPv6, and wired/wireless LANinfrastructures is a strong plus