Zekelman Industries seeks a Senior Staff Accountant for our Z-Modular Chandler, AZ location. Reporting to the Z-Modular Director of Finance, the Senior Staff Accountant will lead the day to day accounting activities for the Z-Modular Chandler location. This role will be home-based in Chandler, AZ but will involve some travel to other locations.
- Prepare and issue weekly spend reports to plant operations managers
- Monthly review of project costs to baseline, calculation of % completion entries
- Complete monthly financial close process, including analytics and commentary for assigned companies
- Prepare and issue project, plant level operational and consolidated reports monthly
- Prepare and issue KPI reports, scorecards and reporting packages with analytics and commentary detailing key performance indicators of the business including revenue, cost, profitability, and working capital for your assigned companies
- Prepare and issue weekly FX reports, monthly forecast projection and monthly reconciliation
- Prepare all intra-company reconciliations and clearing work, ensuring reconciliation file is accurately prepared for review at close.
- Complete Concur monthly journal entries and account reconciliations details for all assigned companies
- Complete assigned monthly account reconciliations.
- Fully manage the capital expenditure process including assisting operational staff with CIR creation, auditing of CIR's prior to management review, and accounting and record keeping on approved project
- Prepare quarterly financial disclosure roll-forwards for review and submission to corporate
- Develop process and maintain records for monthly internal audit of cycle count process for stockrooms, ensuring no audit issues upon review
- Attend team meetings with plant, project or divisional management as required, maintain minutes and open issues tracking
- Daily monitoring of all transactions posted to ensure project costs are being captured at the project order level for your assigned companies
- Prepare and issue weekly spending reports to assigned company operations
- Review and assist with issues to manage GRIR to a current status for all companies
- Monitor inventory accounts daily for posting errors
- Manage quarterly stockroom reserve for all assigned company operations
- Prepare and issue weekly consolidated forecast for inclusion in overall ZII projected results
- Prepare quarterly forecast updates for assigned companies, update consolidated reporting as required
- Lead the annual budget process for assigned companies and assist with consolidations as required
- Lead physical inventory audit processes for both construction inventory and stockroom inventory
- Support the annual external audit as required
- Review cost savings initiatives for financial benefits
- Adhoc reporting as required
- Meet all required due dates with completeness and accuracy.
- Develop and maintain detailed work instructions for all assigned tasks
- Cross train with other team members to provide support over vacations or illness
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College/University graduate with 10+ years of experience with general ledger accounting and closing processes, with at least 5 years in construction or project accounting. Ideally CPA or working towards accounting designation. Must have extensive advanced knowledge of Excel or similar spreadsheet use. Experience with SAP software would be a plus. Experience with multiple companies, in multiple currencies and joint ventures would be an asset.
Job ID 2019-1488