As a Senior Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from proper application of US GAAP to accounting transactions, month and year-end close, and balance sheet account reconciliation. This position requires working closely with internal customers from operating divisions to complete daily accounting activities. We are seeking a candidate with excellent problem-solving skills who enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced environment. Responsibilities:
- Prepare and input journal entries, including accruals, adjustments, and reversing journal entries if need be, in accordance with GAAP, and ensure quality control over the financial transactions.
- Prepare and review complex monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts and post eliminating journal entries
- Assist with preparation of revenue recognition pertaining to the business programs
- Substantiate financial transactions by providing audit proof documents
- Collaborate with team to execute all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings of the accounting books
- Assist and prepare schedules to support management reporting and to ensure accuracy of financial data.
- Work cross-functionally with and support our internal customers by providing financial data for business programs.
- Assist with documentation and information required for year-end audit
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures
- Perform any other ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 5-7 years of experience is required (mix of private and public experience is preferred)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting and reporting
- Meaningful experience working with and preparing consolidated financial statements
- Real Estate and property management accounting experience preferred
- Sage CRE 300 RE/Construction Software experience preferred
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment and embrace change and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Advanced Excel utilizing v-lookups, pivot tables, pre-formatted tables and complex formulas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with various levels in the organization
- Detail oriented, highly self-motivated, positive team-player attitude, and ability to work with minimal supervision with a willingness to proactively roll up your sleeves
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check. Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment