Job Description Summary:
The Senior Staff Accountant/Team Lead will act as project manager or participates on special projects related to the Accounts Payable system. The Senior Accountant will participate in the evaluation and selection of system applications, which support the Accounts Payable business processes. The Senior Staff Accountant will also work with the Accounts Payable Manager and professionals to define Accounts payable information needs. The Senior Staff Accountant will also advise AP personnel on the utilization of the Accounts Payable system. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide liaison with the Eversource IT Organization and external resources on the update, improvement and maintenance of the Accounts Payable systems((Maximo and Oracle AP) and data and resolves programming and related problems.
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of special reports, analysis and processes.
- Coordinate with external vendors (e.g. third party administrators) and NIS/external resources to develop methods for the electronic exchange of information quickly and securely.
- Develop and provides training on applications. Communicate system application changes.
- Analyze all Accounts Payable accounts and reconcile these accounts to the general ledger.
- Prepare and/or verify journal entries to record Accounts payable accounting activities.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Demonstrated Accounts Payable expertise and knowledge of system development methodologies, application development and support and information system technology. Demonstrated analytical skills, strong project management skills, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Project Access), report writing tools and Human Resources Information Systems experience (preferably Workday). Advanced Excel skills such as logical and v-look-up functions including index and match and recording macros written with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) code is highly recommended. Knowledge of web-based applications and HTTP protocol is also highly recommended. Knowledge of Maximo and Oracle AP systems is preferred.
General Knowledge of Supply Chain business functions is also preferred.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, related discipline required. A Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
Experience: A minimum of (8) eight years of business Information Systems and/or technical experience.