Senior Staff Accountant
5 - 7 years experience • Telecommunications.
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 60,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.
Position Title: Senior Staff Accountant
Responsible for the day-to-day operations and monthly closing aspects of the general accounting functions. Prepare and distribute proper financial statements and statistical reports.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and monthly closing aspects of the general accounting functions.
- Prepare entries for the general ledger in compliance with established rules and principles of general accounting.
- Complete account reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Prepare financial statements and statistical reports as required.
- Coordinate and prepare for financialaudits as required.
- Work with other functional areas including Property Management, Finance, and Operations to assure accurate and timely flow of information into financial statements.
- Monthly variance analysis of financial statements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Five (5) years of related general accounting experience
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge of computer accounting software, especially J.D. Edwards and Microsoft Office applications (advanced Excel skills a plus)
- Excellent communication skills
- Candidate with public company external reporting experience is preferred