The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for providing support with the Accounting operations for the Company including, but not limited to A/P, all general accounting and GL functions, accruals and Month End Close activities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing various month-end/quarter-end close activities in order to meet our close deadlines
- Full cycle A/P and PO processing knowledge in order to review junior accountant A/P processing and data entry validation.
- Analyze and verify completeness and accuracy of accounting documents involving expenses, invoicing, and other department specific
- Review the processing of the weekly check runs and cash management activities
- Responsible for the monthly general ledger close process including preparation of the journal entries, monthly accruals and balance sheets reconciliations in the areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the fixed assets area including reviewing the fixed asset transactions and fixed assets schedules, preparing quarterly fixed assets roll forward and ensuring fixed assets are tagged and accounted for consistent with corporate policy
- Prepare reports and perform financialreporting analysis as assigned
- Support the completion of both external quarterly/annual audits and SOX 404 compliance reviews including preparing various accounting reports and auditschedules
- Coordinate/resolve issues of accounting matters with otherinternal and external personnel within area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with Company accounting policies and the application of generally acceptable accounting principles
- Perform special projects and varied tasks as needed. The candidate’s role will evolve with added responsibilities, including otherreports and analysis.
- Take lead role in cross training team members with general accounting functions
- Assist in accounting process improvements and new systems implementations as needed.
- Maintain Policies and Procedures and Desktop Procedures related to the areas of responsibility
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting is required
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Accounting strongly preferred
- Ability to manage and prioritize various responsibilities with competing, short deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced office while constantly maintaining a friendly and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as in a team-based environment
- Experience working in biotechnical industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Work collaboratively in a team environment