Senior Staff Accountant
The Senior Staff Accountant ensures internal controls and procedures are adhered to. This position ensures economic transactions are classified and recorded accurately and timely to support production of information critical for business decision making.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and enter journal entries and review, analyze and reconcile general ledger, sub-ledgers, schedules and bank accounts in a timely manner.
- Oversee and process marketing project cost invoicing, tracking and reporting, working directly with Marketing to resolve project billing issues.
- Prepare financialreports.
- Maintain trust accounting analysis to assure accurate trust balances.
- Assist with annual budget preparation and monthly expense budget versus actual analysis and reporting.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of Monthly Operating Report package.
- Assist in preparation of subsidiary companies financialreports.
- Maintain orderly files of required analysis and documentation consistent with internal and external audit requirements and department standards.
- Review assigned Staff Accountants or Accounts Payable Specialist's batches, journal entries, analysis work papers, and provide feedback to the Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable Specialist, and Corporate Accounting Manager.
- Assist in the development and documentation of department policies and procedures.
- Train the Staff Accountant or Accounts Payable Specialist as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum five years accounting work experience with accounting software applications
- Knowledge of GAAP principles and practices
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) or other accounting software
Location, Location, Location: This position resides in our headquarters located in Carpinteria, CA. We are a short walk to the beach and downtown Carpinteria, home to a variety of unique restaurants and shops.