$80K — $90K + • medical, vision, and dental • life, ad&d, short, and long-term *
About Ambow Education Inc. Shared Services (AESS)
The ever-changing landscape of higher education provides great opportunities to seek better ways to serve students, faculty, and staff. Ambow Education Inc. Shared service is pursuing such opportunities to redefine the way higher education operates and serves its community. We are looking for visionary, innovative, and strategic thinkers to help build, from the ground up, a best in class shared service organization. Our goal is to deliver cost effective operational services, first class customer/user experiences and valuable insight into business performance.
Ambow Education successfully acquired Bay State College (Boston, MA) in 2017 and NewSchool of Architecture & Design (San Diego, CA) in 2020. In 2020, Ambow Education Inc.(AESS) was formed to provide Shared Services (IT, HR, Finance & FA) to its member institutions. As an integral part of the shared services team, the position engages with a variety of individuals and diverse student community.
The Senior Staff Accountant interacts with all levels of the Shared Services staff, College staff, and outside vendors. The individual will provide operational and financial management support to all Staff and Faculty across multiple campus locations. This position will play a pivotal role in reviewing financial transactions, processing intercompany transactions, and monitoring budgets, reconciling data, and producing financial reports. This position requires great attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. The individual will collaborate and support a highly matrixed environment and reporting directly to the Director of Finance-Shared Services.
· Lead month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing processes of multiple entities that fall under Shared Services.
· Responsible for General Ledger accuracy and maintenance, cash reconciliations, and intercompany reconciliations.
· Produce financial reports including monthly intercompany balance sheet and income statement eliminations and consolidation.
· Assist in the preparation of the budgets, forecasts, and strategic plans.
· Monitor various accounting activities including payroll processing, accrued expenses, fixed assets, account payable, accounts receivable, direct credit, and collection activities.
· Assist in the design and implementation of process improvement and best practices.
· Maintain internal control procedures and ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
· Perform additional duties for the department as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related fields preferred.
· 5+ years of accounting experience required.
· Higher Education experience is preferred.
· Dynamics Business Central experience is required.
· Exceptional organization skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to both internal and external constituencies.
· Strong time management skills and ability to adhere to quick month-end and quarter-end close timelines.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics are required.
· Bilingual language is a plus.
· Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Stooping and bending the body downward and forward.
· Normal office conditions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
· Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
Benefits and Perks
· Medical, Vision, and Dental
· Life, AD&D, Short, and Long-Term Disability
· Paid Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
The College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Valid through: 6/14/2021