The Senior Accountant position supports finance practices and objectives that drive a high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, ethics and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Senior Accountant position supports finance policies, procedures and programs.
- Month end closing duties, general journal entry duties and support for other co-workers as required
- Responsible for Fixed Asset process & reporting
- Responsible for general ledger review and assuring corporate consolidation reports are accurate.
- Perform income statement review and analysis, balance sheet account reconciliations and SOX reporting.
- Responsible for monitoring Project Systems in SAP – revenue recognition & cost of sales for accuracy. Monthly financial reporting and analysis of programs utilizing Percentage of Completion revenue recognition policies. Includes running the weekly processes.
- Responsible for assuring accuracy of labor costing and payroll and accruals, including reconciliations of the systems.
- Responsible for unbilled receivable analysis
- Responsible for cash flow calculations and monitoring
- Responsible for intercompany receivables and payables analysis, including invoicing and journalizing transfers between legal entities within the organization. Inclusive of allocations of shared services amongst the entities.
- Support month end reporting requirements for management which include ad hoc analytical and data requests.
- Government compliance responsibilities, monitoring accounts for unallowable costs, assuring costing accounting processes are compliant with disclosed practices.
- Provide support for internal and external audit requests.
- Assist in various process improvement initiatives.
- Other special projects as needed.
- Nothing in this document restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Supervisory responsibility: No
Supervisors are responsible for overseeing their work group including but not limited to: formal evaluations/performance management as set out by the organization, recruitment and developing
- 6-10 years of accounting experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision
- Strong sense of commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work with cross functional departments
- SAP or ERP experience a plus
- Occasional travel required
- Experience supporting internal/external audits a plus
- Knowledge of US Government Defense contracting rules/regulations, as well as long term contract revenue recognition, in an actual costing project environment, is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA and/or MS/MBA preferred
Office environment, duties performed indoors, moderate to quiet noise and comfortable temperatures. Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental condition levels. Ability to work 24/7 schedule and be available as business situations require. Some may be able to do part of their work remotely. Travel may be required.
Occasionally positions self to move an office item >10 lbs.
Frequently move about the production floor and office area to attend meetings or trainings
Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
Frequently operates a computer, enters data into systems, verifies information, etc…