We are looking for Senior SQL Server DBA for our client in Reston, VA
Job Title: Senior SQL Server DBA
Job Location: Reston, VA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for setup, support & management of SQL Server Databases in production, test & development environments.
- The candidate will be responsible for creation and administration of SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017 databases in standalone, mirrored, clustered and AlwaysOn environments.
- He/she must have substantial hands-on technical experience in addition to strong conceptual knowledge about SQL Server database and underlying architecture and fundamentals.
- Duties and responsibilities are focused on database management and administration, including infrastructure strategy, design, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of database systems.
- Install SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017 databases
- Support SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, and 2017 databases
- Write and optimize T-SQL
- Setup and support AWS RDS/Azure SQL instances
- Build and supportdatabase replication using mirroring, clustering, log shipping, and AlwaysOn
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures using SQL Server maintenance plans
- Adhere and improve "best practices" documentation
- Perform health checks and proactive monitoring using Solarwinds
- Establishes and enforces all database standards and integrity
- Be on site during normal working hours and to provide occasional after hours 24x7 support.
- Remote access options are available to accommodate after hours support.
- Implement and maintain databasesecurity (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Effectively demonstrate on performance analysis, tuning & improvements of SQL Server database based application systems
- Install and support SQL Server Reporting Services
- Install and support SQL Services Integration Services
- Database security and hardening (TDE, encryption in transit, etc), knowledge of TLS a big plus
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- AWS or Azure certification a big plus.
- 10+ years SQL Server administration supporting a production environment; SQL Server Reporting Services; SQL Server Integration Services;
- Troubleshooting SQL Server database issues;
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle; ;
- Ability to write complex T-SQL scripts; Transparent Database Encryption implementation;
- Demonstrated experience in development of long-term database strategies for the enterprise environment to stay current with technology and provide the required functionality to the organization and as well as adherence to Change Control procedures and policies;
- Technically enthusiastic and willing to learn attitude is required;
- Familiarity with large IT budgeted projects, data center migration efforts, and designing disaster recovery procedures. 2+ years AWS RDS/Azure SQL.
- Nice to have – Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services