$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Birmingham, AL 35203
Industry: Finance & Insurance•
11 - 15 years
Posted 58 days ago
• Listen well to others and share ideas in a constructive manner within the DBA team and with other end users.
• Collaborates, coordinates and cohesively works with Database Administrators and Applications/ Business teams to support enterprise applications.
• Creates processes and procedures to minimize any potential downtime scenarios.
• Creates standards for SQL Server database administration that supports the use of optimal database server resources and performance.
• Facilitates server-side database development when needed.
• Implements automated database maintenance plans and backup routines using standard methodologies.
• Monitors database/ application growth and server resources to ensure optimum performance and availability.
• Prioritizes tasks effectively to operate in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
• Provides accurate status updates to management.
• Routinely evaluates/ implements improved methods or processes for administering and maintaining databases and servers.
• Troubleshoots minor to major problems on an as-needed basis – often requiring time sensitive response and pro-active communication to different groups within the organization Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in MIS or Computer Science related field. Proven experience and/ or certification can be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
• 10+ years DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or greater) in a production environment is required.
• 8+ years of experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available SQL Server environments, including experience with Failover Cluster and database mirroring/ always on is required.
• 8+ years of experience with SQL Server troubleshooting; ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues.
• 3+ years of experience with SCOM 2012 SQL Data Warehouse, Precise i3 or similar SQL Diagnostic Monitoring system for reporting is required.
• 5+ years of prior experience with a database on a virtual platform is desired.
• 5+ years of experience with T-SQL and PowerShell Scripts is required.
• Strong working knowledge of query, index and DB I/O performance tuning, and Stored Procedures and SQL coding is required.
• 6+ years of experience with Enterprise OLAP Environment Administration, including SSIS/ SSRS/ SSAS experience, is required.
• Database migration/ upgrade experience is highly desired.
• Ability to cope with multiple demands and produce extremely precise, detailed and confidential work.
• Ability to facilitate discussion, to teach, and to train concepts related to data retrieval, data analysis, data integrity and analytical information systems in RDBMS environments.
• Ability to manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other internal departments and entities.
• Deep understanding of database design principals.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively.
• Excellent understanding of query execution plans.
• Experience running and supporting very large data warehouse databases (OLAP, Big Data) is a plus.
• Experience running and supporting very large databases under high transaction rates (OLTP, VLDB).
• Experience with word processing, spreadsheet and project management applications required.
• Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/ restore using disk-based backup solutions.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
• Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, RAID and disk subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments.
• Understanding and experience with SAN hardware and administration.
• Understanding of Virtual Server environments.
• Prior experience using Microsoft SQL Server DMV's for troubleshooting performance issues.
• Vendor coordination and facilitation skills.
• Participate in 24x7 On Call rotation
• Other duties as assigned
• Travel will be minimal, but may be required Preferred Skills
• Working knowledge of Firewall and network security concepts
• Working knowledge of Windows Server management such as disk administration, general performance health counters and overall server configuration
• General knowledge of Networking concepts such as subnetting, IPV4 routing protocols and overall network connectivity.
Valid Through: 2019-9-20