We are looking for Senior SQL Developer? for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Senior SQL Developer
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify the requirements for the following aspects of databasesupport and management: applications, data security, data backup and retention, data archive and purge, and data recovery time objectives.
- Create the database/database instance and tablespaces.
- Provide first level Application DBA support for vendor supported applications running on database management servers.
- Provide analysis and report on database performance trends and exceptions.
- Recommend corrective action to resolve database performance and capacity problems.
- Requirements gathering
- Database architecture which includes the implementation of conceptual, logical and physical database models with experience in the creation of ER diagrams
- Schema design and development
- T-SQL and stored procedure development and deployment with experience in database normalization
- Complex SSIS development and deployment
- Database code and system optimization
- Application troubleshooting
- Implementation of best security practices
- Bug tracking and resolution
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 5-8 yearsexperience as a SQL Server Application/Architect DBA
- Advanced knowledge of database administration, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and systems analysis procedures.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with management, application developers and customers as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills, a self-starter, and be able to work effectively with all audiences.
- Must have experience working on Enterprise Applications, reporting to project managers, building code on time and according to specific technical requirements.
- Must be able to give adequate time-tables for work scope.
- Will need to work in conjunction with other Enterprise level DBA?s to ensure standards are being followed for the purposes of architecture, security and best practices as well.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
- .NET Coding
- STRONG understanding of Data Import, Export, Editing
- REPORTING SERVICES; T0 include Microsoft reporting services, Business Objects
- Microsoft Excel excessive usage
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.