Snagajob is looking for a passionate Engineer to help grow our brand and business by building the technology that powers the largest job site for hourly workers in the country. We’re working hard to help our 80 million registered job seekers find their right fit jobs.
What We Believe:
- The art and science of software development is the key to unlocking business growth. We don’t shy away from new technologies and practices, but rather look for opportunities to incorporate emerging concepts into our core practices. Monthly hack-days have led to multiple innovations that have transformed our business. Weekly tech-talks allow for the sharing of ideas and advancement of our platforms.
- Working in self-directed Agile teams that define their own objectives and key results leads to empowered teams and innovative solutions. Teams have ownership of their products and are accountable for their results.
- Teams should be self-sufficient and we want them to have the necessary resources and talent required to meet their goals. All members contribute to the success of the team - collaboration, accountability and passion are the cornerstones. We strive for co-location, camaraderie and a fun atmosphere.
What We'll Expect:
- Responsible for the design, development, performance tuning and administration of transactional and analytical data constructs/structures in SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Familiarity with AWS services/scripting, web applications, and service oriented architecture.
- Ability to build/modify schema designs (both logical and physical) in OLTP & Warehouse databases.
- Work with project teams to determine changes needed to both the database and models, and then implementing those changes.
- Support ongoing project efforts and day-to-day support activities for the Database Platform.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, and communications skills with attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Enjoy working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, or comparable work experience.
- 8+ years of experience as a DBA
- 4+ years of experience leading data warehouse projects
- 3+ years of experience with database backup and recovery, including implementing disaster recovery standards.
- 3+ years of experience with performance tuning, monitoring, software installs and upgrades, scripting, and physical and logical database design.
- 2+ years of experience in AWS cloud computing platform migrating databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Snowflake etc…) to Amazon RDS.
- 2+ years of experience with MongoDB
- Working knowledge of ETL tools a plus
- Working knowledge of C#/OOP a plus
What You Can Expect From Snagajob:
Snagajob offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, 20 days of PTO to start and 2 days of paid community service time, eligibility for performance-based bonuses, and casual fun work environment with an award winning culture. Snagajob is an equal opportunity employer.
With more than 80 million registered hourly workers and 300,000 employer locations, Snagajob is America’s #1 hourly marketplace. We focus on creating instant and quality connections so workers can get jobs and employers can hire workers—in minutes. Since 2000, our mission has been to put people in right fit-positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives. We do this through the Snagajob marketplace and PeopleMatter, our end-to-end platform of talent and workforce management solutions. Our mobile sourcing, hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management tools drive results for single-location operators to Fortune 500 businesses with thousands of locations, across the restaurant, retail, hospitality and healthcare industries.