POSTING ID: 2099/1248/10019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Design, development and implement high quality relational data components to support the Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) for Microsoft stack
- Design and create SQL statements within stored procedures or functions; perform database queries and analysis.
- Help in the design, implementation, verification, debugging, optimizing and maintenance of SQL Server database objects (database design, table design, index creation, stored procedures, views, functions, scripts, etc.) and processes for the application, reporting and interface modules.
- Design, code and test SQL Server Reporting Services components (User Interface, Middleware, Stored Procedures, Tables, etc.)
- Design and develop SSIS packages, configuration files, stored procedures, tables, views and functions.
- May work on multiple, small to large scale technical projects at a time, as well as ongoing production support.
- Conduct code walkthroughs, peer reviews, and produce technical documentation.
- Adhere to published coding standards and documentation requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive data.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3 years IT developer experience using MSSQL 2012 or higher, SSIS, SSRS
- Must have bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent certifications in relevant technology areas and strong knowledge in relevant areas
- Significant experience in SSIS and SSRS (intermediate to advanced preferred)
- Understanding of relational database concepts.
- Good organizational skills and ability to assemble business information
- Experience using SQL management Studio and TFS source control
- Must have understanding of structured programming design techniques and best-practice design patterns used to create high-quality, robust and readable code
- Must have experience in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills, including the delivery and creation of presentations (ability to simplify complex topics into basic concepts)
- Ability to work with senior management, IT staff, and extended user community
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Insurance industry experience