The Bank is seeking an experienced Software Quality Assurance professional to develop, support and deliver automated testing strategies and solutions for large-scale applications. This role requires collaborating with business and technical staff to gather and analyze data, requirements, and test cases to help create greater test efficiency and coverage through test automation.
- Develop and maintain test automation processes in alignment with the project and/or organization’s standards and tools.
- Develop and maintain automation plans, frameworks, scripts and metrics for functional, regression and integration tests.
- Provide framework and test case documentation and training. • Mature and evolve test architecture through the evaluation and adoption new automation tools, techniques and practices.
- Perform manual and exploratory testing as needed.
- Initiate Change Requests (CRs) as appropriate to capture defects and enhancements identified during the testing process, and track existing or potential issues along with a recommended course of action and/or options.
- Participate in and facilitate daily meetings to communicate progress and barriers to completing application development and testing goals.
- Collaborate with the development and configuration management teams for deployments into the test environments.
- Establish and adhere to quality assurance guidelines and standards as defined by the project and/or organization requesting testing services.
- Enter and report all daily activities using status tracking tools as required.
- Prepare and analyze test results to aid in problem solving and facilitate decision-making.
Education and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, business administration, and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least six years of direct experience as a software quality assurance analyst or engineer working on major application integration and/or major product releases required.
- Comfortable working in an open, collaborative team room environment
- Typically requires four to six years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to the design and development of software solutions.
- Familiarity with Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
- Moderate project management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills. When communicating, articulates and explains comprehensive technical information clearly and concisely to target audience. Ability to explain complex technical information.
Preferred qualifications: Selenium:
- 2+ years experience with Selenium 2 (webdriver).
- 2+ years experience programming in object-oriented language, Java would be preferred language.
- Experience working with TestNG, Junit, NUnit.
- Experience working with Excel and Apache POI.
- Experience working with data-driven and keyword driven testing frameworks.
- Preferred experience with Selenium Grid, Subversion, Maven, Integrated Development Environment tool like: Eclipse or Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Advanced experience in developing and executing SQL statements for testing and validation.
- Practical experience reviewing and researching to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Proven application testing experience that includes testing of large, complex, enterprise-wide applications on a variety of platforms such as Client Server, Web and Mobile testing.
- Proficient in understanding written requirements, including use cases, user stories and supplementary specifications.
- Proficient in writing test plans and test cases.
- Experience with HP Quality Center / ALM to conduct test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Experience with issue/defect tracking and change management tools, such as JIRA, HP Application Lifecycle Management a plus.
- Proficient in gathering and preparing data and files for testing.
- Experience with change management, release packaging and deployment concepts.
- Experience working within different software development methodologies.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility testing.
- Comfortable working in an open, collaborative team room environment.
United States citizenship is required for this position.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while preforming the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Bank recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and/or sexual orientation.