No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within our Global Commercial Operations (GCO), we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this:
The Sr. Specialty Rep, acts as the primary customer contact for demand creation by executing marketing strategy and promoting Amgen products as lead by the District Manager. In this strategic role, the Sr. Specialty Rep provides current and comprehensive clinical knowledge of Amgen’s products and effectively communicates the clinical and economic benefits of the products. As a sales leader, the Sr. Specialty Rep is expected to achieve territory sales by executing Plan of Action (POA) marketing strategies, which includes delivering branded sales messages, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets. Sr. Specialty Representatives are also responsible for servicing and managing accounts, which includes ensuring product access, resolving/triage reimbursement issues, and maintaining product contracts. Additional responsibilities involve providing feedback on marketing strategy and effectiveness reviews of sales activities and territory analysis, in addition to developing territory plans with your District Manager.
Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of Salesexperience
Associate’s degree and 6 years of Salesexperience
High school diploma/GED and 8years of Salesexperience
- Two or more years of sales and/or marketing experience within pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare, or medical device industries.
- Product or hospital salesexperience in the areas of oncology, nephrology, dermatology, rheumatology and inflammation.
- Experience with neurology, endocrinology, hematology, gastroenterology, or infectious diseases, and the diseases and treatments involved with these specialties.
- Local Market knowledge.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Business Administration.
- Core Competencies: Planning and Organizing Work, Engaging Others through Effective Communication, Drive to Achieve, Individual Leadership and Impact.
Job ID: R-44928