Description of Position:
- Performs professional technical and functional assignments in support of legacy, specialized, or state-of-the-art systems requiring in-depth knowledge for which expertise is not readily available.
- Individuals must possess extensive knowledge and expertise that is recognized in the professional community in the required field. The specific expertise and criticality of skills required will be requested at the task order level or by multiple task orders, as appropriate.
- Provides for complex STE support, advisement, and direction regarding detailed technical and/or operational guidance and recommendations to T&E or T&E infrastructure design and implementation efforts.
- Provides expert consultation during research, design, development, and implementation of strategic projects and complex programs.
- Relies on extensive experience, education, training, and judgment to plan and accomplish specified goals.
- Provides and presents technical assistance for applications of advanced theory, principals, concepts, and methods.
- Evaluates existing systems and/or user needs and makes recommendations to improve T&E support and services.
- May design new products or suggest improvements to existing products.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must be an expert at problem solving, identifying risk, and communicating results and recommendations to senior management.
Education and Experience Required:
- Examples of STE areas of expertise required include but are not limited to: Data Replication and Storage, Software Defined Networking, Microsoft Business Solutions, Virtualization, Storage and Content Delivery Networks, Certified Public Accountant, DoD Operations and Strategic Planning, Integration and Testing, ORSA, and highly specialized software engineering or modeling and simulation.
- Requires a technical Doctorate or Master’s degree and at least ten (10) years of technical experience in the field or in a related technical area. Relevant technical degrees include the following, while othercurriculums may be considered by the Government: various engineering and science disciplines, Physics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Related certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for one (1) year of experience. Examples of relevant Government or industry training include, but are not limited to, DAWIA T&E Level III Certification, Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering (SPRDE) Level III certification, and United States Federal or DoD school training and certification on a specific system, network, or technology.