During its 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
Harris Corporation Space and Intelligence Systems has an opening for a Senior Specialist, Software Test Engineering to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Clifton, New Jersey. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
- Analyze requirements, develop test strategies, and prepare test plan
- Create and execute test cases as part of the test plan and managed defects
- Prepare test reports and weekly status reports
- Perform data collection activities in preparation of validation testing
- Gather & develop technical and user requirements and analyzed various COTS and in-house software solutions
- Willing to work any shift
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 6+ years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 4+ years of software engineering experience
- An active DoD Secret security clearance
- The ability to obtain and maintain program access
- Experience in Software Test Engineering
- Experience with software configuration management tools
- Experience with Software Discrepancy Reporting Tools
- Knowledge of model based development
- Experience with complete Software Development Cycle
- Knowledge of SWCM, such as SVN, Clear case
- Knowledge of UML Modeling Tools
- Knowledge of requirement tools, such as DOORs
- Excellent 2-way communication (upward and downward)
Job ID: SIS20181106-25182