Description:Senior Specialist, Software Engineer Job Code: SAS20212409-69923 Job Location: Rochester, NY or Herndon, VA or Melbourne, FL Job Description:
L3Harris is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join a team supporting the creation of a research and development AI/ML framework for satellite and tactical UAV systems, that could also be extended to other DoD remote sensing systems. The engineer will be responsible for supporting the CI/CD pipeline to design, develop, test, and deploy applications & services within a cloud ecosystem in multiple classified environments. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable working across R&D and operational lab environments, with multidisciplinary teams in a mixed-contractor environment, and direct government customer interfacing. Essential Functions:
- Support the CI/CD pipeline for current and future cloud development
- Help manage cloud server resources and system configuration management
- Aid in the design and implementation of scalable, automated, and reliable software solutions.
- Support all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products in the cloud.
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to monitor operational performance of the overall system and identify new efficiencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other contractors.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- An active TS/SCI security clearance
- A Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience, or a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience. The degree must be in a software engineering related field like Computer Science.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins, and Dockers
- Some experience with system configuration management processes and tools such as Ansible
- Experience deploying Java applications to the cloud with tools such as Elastic Beanstalk
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- AWS Certification
- Working knowledge of C2S and SC2S
- Experience in Agile software development lifecycle
- Experience with Python for automation and aid CI/CD processes
- Practical knowledge of JBOSS or similar Java EE application server
- Ability to develop and integrate with RESTful services
Expertise Engineering, Engineering--Computer, Engineering--Software, Engineering--Systems Location USA - NY - Rochester, USA - VA - Hampton, USA - FL - Melbourne, USA - VA - Herndon