Senior Specialist Software Configuration Analyst - Windows Server OS
8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
WE ARE BNY MELLON! BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of June 30, 2014, BNY Mellon had $28.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.6 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. This next generation infrastructure needs to be tied to building several internal SaaS offerings such as Fax as a service, reporting as a service, file transfer as service etc. The infrastructure team is building self-service and low-touch infrastructure utilities that enable building the internal SaaS offerings.
Are you building up your career around Windows Server Operating system and next generation Windowstechnologies?
Do you want to join a large global firm?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to support us with the following:
- Automating server provisioning
- Automating server maintenance and operational tasks
- Maintaining our existing infrastructure applications and add new features
The Senior Specialist Software Configuration Analyst is part of the team engineering the Windows Server Operating system and next generation Windowstechnologies looking to introduce more efficient ways of deploying, maintaining and integrating Windows in to the eco system.
Sr. Specialist Software Configuration Analyst->> Acts as SCM subject matter expert, responsible for the definition and implementation of the technical methodology of the SCM department. Defines SCM plans and scripts/programs. Analyzes and documents systems requirements for the most complex environments. Recommends software design based on requirements. Analyzes and monitors the effectiveness of the use of technology in SCM processes. Structures and monitors technical activities based upon approved project methodologies. Collects and analyzes project data and produces progress reports. Makes recommendations to improve efficiencies and outcomes. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in a systems SCM environment.
- Three or more (3+) years of experience as a Windows Server Developer (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016).
- Experience with the hands-on development of Windows Services, Web Services IIS 7.5/8.5/10, Multitier web/database applications.
- Programming skills with C# and ASP.NET, as well as, Migrate VB.NET to C#.
- Experience with Windows Server – Basic / Advanced level of understanding of Windows Server ecosystems – AD, Network, DNS, Windows Features / Roles.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Requisition Number: 1707873