Under limited supervision, work with functional management to evaluate and facilitate the implementation/strengthening of internal controls processes. Assist in the planning and execution of annual SOX risk assessment and establishment of managements annual SOX testing scope. Assist in the coordination of entity wide external and internal audit procedures, coordinate entity-wide management assessments, assess internal control issues and facilitate periodic reporting of results.
- Evaluate internal control design within established business processes, identify weaknesses and deficiencies; assist management to implement solutions.
- Assist with management’s annual financial reporting risk assessment and establishment of management’s annual SOX/MAR testing scope with consideration given for legal entity requirements.
- Assist in facilitating management annual SOX/MAR testing performed by Global Audit Services, track testing status and issue and assist which reporting
- Work with external and internal audit to coordinate and streamline annual testing procedures
- Assist in the design, set-up, testing and roll-out of entity wide internal control procedures or systems.
- Assist in the evaluation of control issues and preparation of management internal control reporting (issues and remediation status) by segment and legal entity. Assist in the identification and reporting of emerging risks and control deficiencies.
- Assist in the review of general ledger and reporting access requests and the evaluation of proper segregation of duties.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3-5 years experience in internal or external audit, process management or internal control evaluation.
• Master’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in internal or external audit, process management or internal control evaluation
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Advanced Excel skills
• Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability.
• Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
• Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
• Intermediate level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Intermediate interpersonal skills
• Ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously; Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
• Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
• Ability to foster customer service as needed
• Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
• Basic negotiating and persuasion skills
• General business knowledge
5+ years experience in internal or external audit, process management, or internal control evaluation.
CPA, CIA or similar professional designation.
Experience with SOX documentation and testing.
Experience with SQL