Description: Job Title:
Senior Specialist, Program ManagementJob Code:
Greenville, TXJob Description:
The L3Harris Aviation Services Sector is searching for a motivated Program Manager (PM) to contribute to the success of the Multi-Mission Solutions Business Area. The PM directs all phases of programs from inception through completion and is responsible for the cost; schedule and technical performance of company programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes; coordinates the preparation of proposals; business plans; proposal work statements and specifications; operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities; leads program review sessions with customer to discuss cost; schedule; and technical performance. Establishes design concepts; criteria and engineering efforts for product research; development; integration and test. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules; identifies program problems and obtains solutions; such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical; manufacturing, administrative, and field team areas. Responsible for managing field teams for modification efforts and/or continuation logistics support efforts.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Function as the point-of-contract between the Program Office, Functional Management, the Customer, supplier relationships, and other stakeholders to coordinate efforts
- Establish and maintain strong Customer relations to work in partnerships and understand customer requirements to derive solutions
- Manage assigned programs to meet schedules, performance, and budget commitments (contractual and expected).
- Work collaboratively with Program Office and Functional Management, as well as other stakeholders, to define and assign task requirements; estimate and establish budget and schedules; determine appropriate performance metrics; clarify priorities; and develop and implement specific management plans to support the program.
- Lead/participate in Integrated Product Teams to assure successful program execution and drive non-value added costs out of the program.
- Utilize program management tools to monitor and report program performance to objectives (including budget, schedule, and other management requirements), and facilitate project coordination and decision-making.
- Manage budgets. Provide comprehensive analysis of program requirements and manage impact to program EACs for all related actions.
- Interact with Engineering / Engineering design reviews, Planning, Procurement and Manufacturing personnel to ensure appropriate drawings are released and program schedules are achieved.
- Manage the logistics requirements program and field sites.
- Develop / review proposals & Statements of Work (SOW) to establish status metrics and reporting methods that assists with make / buy decisions, follows up on open purchase orders, verifies delivery, participates in resolving supplier issues, approves payment, and maintains necessary records of material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory cycle(s).
- Assist in the development and delivery of presentations/recommendations to Company Management, as well as other stakeholders, relating to applicable program management plans.
- Support business unit forecasting by providing weekly/monthly sales and awards forecast to leadership and maintain insight into these forecast to provide supporting detail.
- Communicate program requirements and support personnel (Engineering, Finance, Quality, Material Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, etc.).
- Identify issues impacting program performance and lead efforts to resolve them to closure.
- Effectively transition programs from the capture phase through kickoff, execution, and closure.
- Track, manage, and report program attributes including the following:
- Schedule performance against contract and forecast.
- Cost performance against budget and EAC.
- Labor allocation against program needs.
- Sales and profit performance against contract acceptance and forecast.
- Program risks & opportunities.
- Technical & production issues impacting program performance.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically approximately 15% of the time to attend customer and vendor meetings.
Bachelor degree with a minimum of six (6) years of applicable experience. A combination of education and experience may also be considered. Preferred degree in Engineering, Management, Logistics or a related field of study.
Position requires an active DoD Secret Security Clearance, the ability to maintain the stated clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Recent experience in Commercial and Military Aviation/Aerospace products development and production and/or knowledge of current ISR operations for Tactical ISR, Maritime ISR, and multi-INT programs is strongly preferred.
- Proven team player with outstanding customer relationship skills.
- Knowledge of manpower planning, milestone scheduling, PM tools, and related financial management.
- Capable of managing and working in an environment that is fast paced, demanding, with a focus on problem resolution and process improvement.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Proficiency skill level with Microsoft Office products to include, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Intermediate understanding of SAP and Microsoft Project.