The Office of Corporate Governance supports the board of directors and committees for The Charles Schwab Corporation and subsidiaries. It is responsible for legal and regulatory matters pertaining to public companies and financial services holding companies, and responsibilities of directors and officers thereof. As a Senior Specialist, Corporate Governance, you will be responsible for providing support for board and committee meetings for Charles Schwab Trust Bank and Charles Schwab Trust Company (including its subsidiary).
What you’ll do:
You will provide logistical assistance for board and committee meetings for Charles Schwab Trust Bank and Charles Schwab Trust Company (and its subsidiary), including:
- Reserving conference rooms
- Calendaring meetings,
- Coordinating timing of presentations,
- Preparing accurate correspondence to directors and committee members regarding meeting logistics and tracking responses.
- Reviewing board and committee materials for formatting and accuracy, and
- Other requirements as determined by business needs
Under the direction of the managing attorney, you will help assemble and distribute meeting materials for board and committee meetings. You will work with other members of the Corporate Governance Group to ensure that accurate records are kept of actions by boards and committees and that the database of information pertaining to the banking and trust company legal entities are organized and up-to-date. You will assist with document review requests pertaining to board or committee meetings. You will provide general administrative support to banking and trust company governance initiatives and work with administrative assistants of business partners to calendar meetings and arrange for meeting logistics.
What you have:
- Background: Experience (5+ years) in general corporate and legal administrative matters. Experience with corporate governance matters strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- Organizational skills. Consistently manage workloads effectively, use resources efficiently, and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Ensure that all follow up responsibilities are completed timely and with minimal supervision. Anticipate, improvise, and adapt for optimal resolutions.
- Communication skills. Ability to write clearly and succinctly. Ensure effective communication with business partners in assisting with all aspects of meeting logistics. Can communicate effectively with senior executives to express thoughts and ideas clearly. Presents articulately when speaking with an individual or before a group assuring that others fully comprehend the intended message.
- Process Oriented. Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, knows how to organize people and activities, understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow, understands business needs and trends and can see opportunities for synergy and integration.
- Attention to Detail. Double-checks the accuracy of information and work product to provide accurate and consistent work. Provides information on a timely basis and in a usable form to others who need to act on it. Carefully monitors the details and quality of own and others' work. Completes all work according to procedures and standards.
- Problem solving skills. Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one's knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary. Thinks of several possible explanations or alternatives for a situation and anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them. Identifies the information needed to solve a problem effectively. Presents problem analysis and recommended solution to others rather than just identifying or describing the problem itself.
- Client Focus. Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Act with the client in mind. Establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and gain their trust and respect.
- Computer skills. Microsoft Office 2003/2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life