Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Sr. Specialist Medical Affairs
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people's health. We're always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You'll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor's degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position is Remote working the north east region of the United States (MI to VA to ME and everything in between) in the Cardiac Rhythm Technologies division.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Specialist Medical Affairs. We offer the flexibility to work fully remote with the ability to travel approximately 50%.
Senior Specialist Medical Affairs will be responsible for developing, executing, and maintaining a multi-tier fellows curriculum for electrophysiology, CRM and heart failure. The position will require relationship development with key teaching institution personnel and other fellowship program directors. You will communicate and collaborate with field personnel while maintaining an independent status as an educator; there will not be limited to the specialty but will support the entire academic development department when needed. This career path is designed to create the customers of the future.
What You'll Work On
- Create and develop early customer relationships with Fellowship Directors to establish Abbott(ABT) brand identification and ABT product adoption in the United States.
- Develop and maintain a data bank to track institutional programs, fellows and directors.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of relevant speakers.
- Contribute to core and external fellowship curricula with quality education resources in cardiology, heart failure and electrophysiology that further establish credibility and reliability with internal and external customers.
- Work with Product Marketing and Sales management to provide advanced continuing education for physicians, fellows and other clinical and economic customers across multiple specialties.
- Provide in-depth counsel to customers to understand and advance their understanding and capabilities related to ABT products in multiple business segments.
- Identify program 'champions' within the sales organization to implement initiatives and liaise with program directors and fellows.
- Mentor and train other team members, as needed, in curriculum design, development and VR Simulation for all applications
- Establish and manage vendor relationships that offer products and services of value to fellows.
- Maintain the necessary communication skills and methods that provides for the exchange of strategic opportunity and program information valuable to fellows and ABT field personnel.
- Incorporate occupational and career development issues of greatest importance to fellows into ABT initiatives.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Company products, therapies, educational market and business objectives in order to develop and implement continuing education programs.
- Monitor competitive fellows program activities.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Life Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of training experience in the sales/training of medical devices or related product training.
- Ability to apply the fundamental concepts and practices to conduct needs assessment and design fellow training programs.
- Successful completion of the IBHRE exam in Cardiac Electrophysiology for Allied Health Professionals and the IBHRE exam in Cardiac Rhythm Device Therapy or equivalent / relevant credential.
- Knowledge of how the Division functional areas work together and understanding the needs of our customers is essential for design input.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 50%, including internationally.
- Works majority of 12-15 weekends throughout the year
- Bachelor's, Masters Degree in Science; Ph.D. and/or MBA desirable.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is
$102,700.00 - $205,300.00
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
Medical & Scientific Affairs
CRM Cardiac Rhythm Management
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.