Description:Job Title: Specialist, Material Management Job Code: SAS20212010-71303 Job Location: Clifton NJ Job Description:
- Plans, schedules and monitors the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and coordinates material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Utilize Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems to effectively time phase material to service cash flow objectives and program schedules.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor the efficient movement of material from identification of the requirement to delivery to the end user.
- Define raw material scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules.
- Coordinate material distribution with purchasing, warehouse, and end user.
- Monitor and reconcile any relevant Supply Chain disruptions that develop throughout the program lifecycle.
- Develop strategies, implement plans, and track progress for cost savings initiatives.
- Participate and/or lead projects/teams as assigned.
- Identify process improvements and facilitate implementation.
- Strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of inventory management who will lead all aspects of the Supply Chain process from proposal stage through Program award and execution.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide array of professional levels and functions
- Apply innovation, comprehensive information gathering, analysis, and investigation to solve complex problems.
- Responsible for managing Subcontractor & Supplier cost, schedule, and technical performance, and ensuring L3Harris and Customer objectives are achieved, including on-time delivery, exceptional quality, and affordability with the ability to monitor & assess project issues and develop mechanisms & resolutions to meet goals.
- Responsible for recurring evaluation of material needs and flow from project inception and proposal through final delivery
- Monitors & controls this acquisition process including, but is not limited to the support of requirements definition, capture strategy, proposal generation, proposal evaluations, source selections, negotiations, material requirements definition, material procurement strategy, file documentation, ensuring compliance to all internal and Government FAR/DFAR/DPAS/CPSR Procurement Regulations, change management, invoice approvals, dispute resolution, and close-out activities.
- Accountable to assure required resources deployed to manage corrective action measures relative to Material Scope and external Suppliers when necessary. Responsible for defining/quantifying risk exposure (Schedule & Cost) relevant to issues associated with Supply Chain scope, and associated burndown plans to retire risks.
- Accountable for the Material Requirement Planning (MRP) systems accuracy/integrity, compliance with company and DoD standards, and possess the ability to concisely communicate how responsible stakeholders perform their scope within the MRP system.
- Responsible to develop, drive, and execute supply chain transformation and improvement projects. Must have functional and operational experience in the Supply Chain Management and Operations domains who can understand, analyze, and define business requirements. This individual must be able to use hands-on, cross-functional approaches to identify pain points and drive improvements. Must have the passion, business acumen, and experience to drive best-in-class supply chain processes and efficiencies.
- Responsible to ensure all Material Transactions are adhere to MMAS laws and regulations.
- Collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams (Material Management (CAM's), Material Planners, Subcontract Management, Procurement, Program Management, Engineering, Quality, Operations, Manufacturing, Configuration Management).
- Motivated self-starter well versed in the Material Management Process Flow.
- Work should be performed within set boundaries and with very little direct supervision.
- Strong, in-depth knowledge pertaining to the principles of inventory management.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide array of professional levels and functions.
- Must possess ability to think with innovation, pull complex & comprehensive data from multiple data bases, investigation to solve complex problems, and be able to translate the data into a story or presentation.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have in-depth knowledge of supply chain management.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience or a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 3 years of prior related experience.
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Advanced data analysis skills.
- MRP system experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- APICS certification.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.
- Direct experience working with BOM management.
- Understands the basics and best practices pertaining to configuration management for hardware and documents.
- Regression Analysis & Demand Estimation Models.
Expertise Operations--Supply Chain Location USA - NJ - Clifton